Tuesday 28 August 2018

Words

Words.
Powerful.
Words span decades, making an impact.
Crafting sentences carefully together to create beautiful works of art.
Art we have memorized.

"I dreamt I went to Manderley again."
"To be or not to be. That is the question."
"For God so loved the world He gave His one and only son."

Imagination.
Words can take us to another world helping us forget our circumstances for just a brief moment.
Symbolism.
Grammar.
Spelling.
Recitation.
Poems.
Prose.
Words can teach us life lessons. Make us laugh.  Make us cry.  Inspire us to action.

Yet words can have a negative impact and cut deep.
Deep into our souls.
Wounding.
Creating wounds that linger.
That never forget.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."
-a rhyme we heard as young children.  Contrary to this, I have learned names/words do hurt us. 

I am guilty of saying things I regret.  At times I have not sought forgiveness. And at times I have.  Words of healing. But still. The words are out there and cannot be taken back.
Sometimes we never know the impact of the words that come out of our mouths.  Something said in jest can encourage a stranger or can cause pain to a friend.

Let us be mindful of the words forming in our minds.  As they exit our mouth may they be the ones that encourage, inspire and not tear down.

Words.
Powerful.
Beautiful.
Timeless.
Created from the letters of the alphabet.
ABC.




No comments: