Friday 6 July 2018

Facing Fears Head On

Fear.
It can be crippling,
Or it can move you to action.

In recent years, I have acquired fears that have been crippling. One thing I have found helpful in overcoming those  fears is to make a plan. I am not the best at setting goals 📝because I live in the moment. I am not a visionary. But I do try and it helps greatly.

One fear that has held me back is my fear of driving🚗 on the 401(The main freeway🛣 that runs along Lake Ontario and is part of the Trans Canada🇨🇦 Highway system). Crazy. I grew up driving on this busy, insane highway. What changed? Age👵🏼, near misses, increased volume of vehicles, transport trucks⛟, crazy weather ⛈reducing visibility, driving alone. The 401 is basically the only way to get places like to Niagara Falls, other provinces, etc.

I have the luxury of having summers off so I should be exploring 🛵our great province and venturing to other provinces. I am single and have few commitments. But fear holds me back.

But, I am working hard at changing that. So when the opportunity arose for me to meet my cousin in Toronto, I had to face my fear and just do it! And do it I did! 😉

We had a lovely visit 🤗catching up as we do not see each other often. We are the same age so it is fun connecting. I am so glad I didn't let fear hold me back.

It takes courage🧚‍♀️
It takes encouragement👏
It takes a plan📝
It takes faith like my t-shirt👚 says:

"Let your faith be bigger than your fears."

It takes stepping out🏃‍♀️and going for it!

❓What fears hold you back? What strategies help you overcome those fears?❓

So this summer 🏖I am going to step out of my comfort zone, face my fears and explore! Opportunity and adventure await!

Karyne
xo

No comments: