Thursday 8 March 2018

I am Strong! Happy International Women's Day!

I am strong!

 I didn't always feel strong. Nor did I know just how strong I was until I walked through a family crisis a few years ago. The most difficult time of my life. However, I made it safely to the other side. Although I should have known my resilience long ago.

As you read in my previous post, as a young, naive 18 year old, I travelled to Sweden on my own after high school to attend a Bible College for 7 months. Then I backpacked around Europe solo.

I moved to western Canada knowing no one to start my full time career after university. I created a wonderful life in Edmonton.





I then transferred to eastern Ontario finally settling in my hometown where I have been working as an Educational Assistant for 15 years.

For my 40th birthday I travelled to Paris on my own for one week. It was the most freeing time I have experienced. I felt alive. Joie de vivre!


Even though I never married nor had children, I have an incredible tribe of men and women surrounding me, supporting me, encouraging me. I am  grateful to God for allowing my path to intersect with beautiful humans who have empowered me and taught me many life lessons along the way.

Here I am now in a new role,  a woman entrepreneur. Some days I feel out of my league as I advocate for better health protective/beauty laws in Canada. But I am strong. I am resilient. I am intelligent. I am compassionate! I can do it!

I am strong!

 My strength comes from my parents who always believed in me and encouraged me on my life's journey.

 My strength comes from God who showed me unconditional love and ignited a passion within.

My strength comes from another women:
Nellie McClung.
Thank you Nellie and your suffragettes for paving the way for us women in Canada. Thank you for fighting for our right to vote. Thank you for fighting for us to be declared as persons. Thank you for empowering the future generations.

It is my prayer I can empower women that come behind me to be all they can be and recognize they are beautiful, strong humans on this planet with the mission to spread their love and voice to all they meet!

Happy International Women's Day!

We are strong.

We have a voice needing to be heard. Use it wisely!

You are strong!

Love,
K
xo

No comments: