Thursday 12 July 2018

50 New Things

I made a decision🤦‍♀️ to try #50newthings the year I turned🎉 50🎉(last September)! Some new things I have accomplished are taking a photography📷 course, getting a funky💇‍♀️ haircut, cliff jumping🧗‍♀️ in Muskoka,trip to Portugal (sadly had to cancel due to a death in the family), trip to Paris🗼, joining this incredible movement for better beauty💄 (I had no idea how Beautycounter would bring such joy in my life this past year) AND wearing a bikini👙 !
_________
Yes, I wanted to wear a bikini👙 for the first time in my life in Portugal where no one knew me and where it was acceptable for all body types to wear a bikini!
_________
I bought this cute bikini👙 from #Aerie and had visions of feeling beautiful in it. But, my #bodypositivity turned into body shaming. I didn't think I was worthy 😂to be wearing a bikini.
_________
When I neared 50, I found my body changing😉 I did try my best to work out 🏋️‍♀️ and eat healthy 🍽 (and still try) but was not consistent. I would still compare myself to my friends who had great figures. 🙋‍♀️Anyone else do this? They we wearing bikinis yet I did not feel I could pull off the bikini 👙look. But I really wanted to wear one. Sounds silly.
________
With age I have found I am more confident in who I am, YET these past few months I have really struggled 😥with my self confidence for some reason.
_________
🎉TODAY🎉 I changed that. TODAY  I changed my thinking. TODAY I believe I am worthy just the way I am-the way God created me to be-curves, cellulite and all! 😉
_________
🎈TODAY (before I turn 51 in September), I wore my bikini👙! And it felt good! 👊
▶️It was only for a few minutes but it felt good.😘
I will be brave and wear it next week when I go camping🏕
And it will feel great🎈
________
For those of you who can relate to what I am sharing I want you to remember: #everybodyisabikinibody and #everybodyisbeautiful
You are beautiful. Not just your outward appearance but YOU as a person.  #YouAreWorthy #BeConfident  We are beautiful humans meant to make a difference on this planet. Go out there and try 50 new things with confidence! I will be cheering🙆‍♀️ you on!😘

No comments: