Sunday 16 November 2008

Thematic Photographic - "Rows" and a day in Toronto with my neices and nephew!

Carmi's theme of choice for the week is "Rows," so on my adventure to Toronto with my nieces and nephew, I was on a mission in search of all sorts of "rows."

We began our journey on the Go Train. Without trying to embarrass my family, I took these snaps of our car...
...so many rows of seats for all those commuters....My niece Tasha and I. Can you tell we are related?:)
My nephew James and oldest niece, Emily -thrilled to have their picture taken! James had never been on the Go Train before so he was excited believe it or not!

Another first for James: a ride on the subway (TTC). We were headed to the grand re-opening of the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO). My niece Tasha, the budding artist, was keen on seeing the free exhibit.

Little did we know we would be standing in a LONG "row", in the pouring rain! I was the only one with an umbrella and the only one that didn't complain:)


Almost there....







...amazing structure...


...getting closer...



...at the front of the building now...


...FINALLY, entering...



...amazing architecture...



...the cool staircase my nephew was fascinated with...




...James is at the top....





...a view of the CN Tower, covered in fog...


...."rows" of prints on the wall of the gift shop...



After the AGO tour, we headed on over to the Eaton Centre to do a bit of shopping. Of course, my teenage nieces and nephew wanted to shop at Abercrombie & Fitch, the only store in Ontario, equipped with a live male model as you enter! "Rows" of girls line up just for a sneak peak. I admit I was a gawker-remember here?


I was happy when they wanted to check out Urban Outfitters! I found this great vest on sale: $9.99, regular price was $62.oo! What a find! It is such a cool store! "Rows" and "rows" of unique items!



I love the reversible bags!


We had a great day together. I am exhausted now!





















6 comments:

Nestor Family said...

I love Urban Outfitters, too... alas, we do not have one here in Des Moines.

Abounader Photography said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I haven't been to an art museum in FOREVER!

Anonymous said...

You've posted some great photos!
We don't have any art museums here. :(

A New Yorker said...

Fun post as usual.

I LOVE urban outfitters. I can't fit in any of their hippy dippy clothes but I have a throw rug of theirs that I use under my reiki table. They have some really fun things!

awareness said...

the first photos i've seen of the new AGO! Would love to see it, but will wait until the crowds subside......

great photos.

love spending a day in Toronto. It won't be until next March before I'll get another chance.

Nikita said...

Hi Karyne, thank you for the post left on my blog - I hope I find myself on yours lots in the future.