Sunday 30 November 2008

"SWEET" Friends!

Once again, Carmi over at Written Inc. has come up with a creative theme for the week: "SWEET!"


I had many SWEET moments Wednesday night at two different Christmas Dinners I attended! The first dinner was for Durham Hospice, a wonderful organization where I volunteer. It provides palliative care and bereavement services to individuals and families. I unexpectedly saw an old friend there. We counselled at summer camp together many moons ago! She recently lost her 5 year old son to cancer but is turning this tragedy into something positive: helping to build a hospice in her hometown. A SWEET MOMENT!

(Durham Hospice Christmas Banquet, Whitecliffe Terrace, Courtice, Nov. 26, 2008)


I had to leave the Hospice dinner early to head on over to my "Girl's Night Out" Christmas dinner at Joy Lynn's. My first stop was the candy dish. I confess I have a SWEET tooth. My mouth filled with numerous white and silver cavities tell the whole story!






The only pic I have of Deb B., one of my SWEET friends at the party!

Joy Lynn's SWEET girls fighting sleep. They wanted to stay up with us "big girls" all night partying! You remember don't you when you were their age? Quietly sneaking to the top of the stairs to secretly listen in on the adult conversation taking place downstairs? Trying every trick of the trade to stay up late, desperately hoping your parents would invite you to join the party? Finally giving up hope and climbing back into bed falling asleep in an instant?
Ah SWEET moments of childhood!



SWEET food , of course!



The only pic I have of SWEET Terri. Some of my friends are a wee bit camera shy!



SWEET Jenn
SWEET Deb. S.
Joy Lynn, our SWEET hostess!
A SWEET night out.






















































3 comments:

Frizzy said...

I worked for Hospice of Laramie. Hospice is a wonderful organization! You rock! Thanks for stopping by my blog on my featured day. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. What a fun day to do it though. MERRY SITSMAS!

A New Yorker said...

OK enough with everyone everywhere I go posting food...you're all making me terribly hungry and that's not good for this single girl! ;P

swilek said...

@ Bird... sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!!! Very cool you were a Hospice girl too!!:)