Saturday 31 March 2012

The Hand of God

I love singing. I sing in the choir at my church. I sing in one of our worship bands. I sing with my dad. I love hearing people sing.  I love hearing the way harmonies work together to form this incredible sound. Great harmonies make my heart sing. Interesting, as I pen this post I hear the birds singing beautiful harmonies outside my window! I love that sound! But rarely do I sing solo. So I was hesitant when I was asked to be the special music for a Ladies Retreat at my parent's church at the weekend! After mulling and praying it over, I agreed then set out to find some songs to sing. I love how God prompts us, for in the end it turned out that the songs I chose fit with the speaker's theme, "The Hand of God." I truly experienced what I call a "God moment" when I sang and I give all the praise to Him. As I said, I am not a soloist and was nervous, but God used me and for that I am grateful. I felt the prayers of my friends every step of the way. In addition, the speaker's message was a wonderful reminder to me of how I have seen the hand of God on my life every step of the way!

"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

(PS  I chose this picture of the hand of a child I took in our church nursery to represent this verse because to me this shows God's attributes as well. I know we usually think of a strong, adult hand upholding us however, I love the innocence of this hand... the calmness, the purity, the love, the trust, the softness of it. A baby's hand grasps tightly to our fingers and it is difficult to let go. God grasps tightly to us and never lets us go!)

No comments: