Saturday 8 May 2010

Out and About on a Saturday in May

I recently discovered a Canadian author who has now become my favourite. I was first introduced to her book, "The Winter Sea," by a good friend of mine. I was skeptical at first when I learned of the premise, however, as soon as I began to read this historical fiction novel, I couldn't put it down. Susanna Kearsley captured my attention. I was thrilled to learn she would be making an appearance at our local Chapters bookstore on Saturday. Without my friend in tow ( she is in Italy with her hubby) , I braved the stormy weather and experienced my first author sighting/signing.

I was a wee bit nervous as I had no idea what to expect nor what to say to Susanna. I was pleasantly surprised by her down- to- earth nature and easy way. We had a wee chat where I discovered she lives in my hometown. Then she agreed to a photo-op and book signing.
I had a lovely experience. Later that afternoon, I headed up to the small town of Port Perry to visit my friend Lisa. At one point, we toured the countryside en route to pick up her son from a friend's house. I love the barns in Ontario and had to stop for a photo - op. We are slowly losing our farms in this area to developers, so I will treasure this photo.
I loved this log cabin home where we picked up T.
Tip-toeing through the tulips!
A lovely "out-and-about" excursion on a rainy Saturday in May!

3 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Looks like you had fun.

sealaura said...

this does look like a fun time. your photos are so happy and cheery here. hope you are enjoying the spring. see you in twitterville. :)

swilek said...

@ Laurany and Sealaura

thanks! it is fun! ya'll should come and visit us up here in Canada!