Thursday 11 June 2009

18 Days

I have been busy the last month or so and haven't been able to blog as much as I wanted. Being a visual person, I thought you might enjoy yet another photo journey of my latest adventures in order to keep you up to date!



Square Dance 4oth Birthday Party Celebration...



...these boots are made for walk'in...


...the birthday boy and his wife...




...lov'in the square dance...

...cowgirl...

...Canadian Mountie watching over the festivities, keeping us in order!!



I was asked by a couple at my church to look after their foster teenage daughter for 10 days. I accepted this "challenge" and surprisingly had a GREAT time with only a few minor glitches!! One night I went for a walk in their neighbourhood, an older part of Oshawa with grand older homes and discovered this back alley. I never knew Oshawa had a back alley. I believe it is the only one of its kind.


I treated this foster teenager to a day in the big city of Toronto...first stop...Kensington Market...







Next stop...Chinatown...
















Sad to say goodbye to my teenage charge, I welcomed my cousins from Northern Ireland for a 3 week visit...One of our touring adventures took us to this lovely new winery east of my home...




...lunch on the patio...









...yummy!


Cheers!





...we even had a tour of their cellars...




...and a taste of their wines...


On our way home we stopped in Coburg for a walk along the boardwalk on Lake Ontario. Once again, I was pleasantly surprised discovering this gem of a waterfront...


























A moose on the "hoose"???? On our way to Mount Pleasant Cemetery to view my cousin's ancestors, we came across this interesting lawn decoration downtown Toronto!

All good things must come to an end. Saying our final goodbyes at the airport!
Now, I can finally put my feet up and relax...well, officially in 18 days!
School's Out for Summer! YAY!

4 comments:

John Deere Mom said...

Yay! I love the umbrella shot!

carolyn said...

You HAVE been busy! I love the dandelion pictures!

A New Yorker said...

I need a vacation. So are we going on holiday together kiddo!?

swilek said...

@JD Mom...I love it too! My cousins thought I was crazy taking the pic but I told them I took crazy pics and it would turn out just fine!!

@ Carolyn...yes, it has been crazy..today was nice to relax! I thot the dandelion pics turned out cool too!

@ Lauren Yes, yes we are...I will email you asap! I have it in my calendar..we need to finalize. I am sooo bad with email! Sorry kiddo!