Saturday 19 February 2011

here i go again...

Eye of Belfast, July 2008, Northern Ireland


expectations
misplaced expectations
send me in a tailspin
round and round.

steady now
i want to get off.

i am choosing to let go
of these misplaced expectations.
it is only hurting me, not the one
whom these misplaced expectations
are directed towards.

grief.
that is what i feel
and
embarrassment
for thinking
we were kindred spirits
all these years.

change.
change and
expect nothing in return.
send my bitterness, hurt and grief
in a tailspin.
in a tailspin to the abyss.
leave it there.
leave it there forever.

hope.
i hope i can look at
this friendship
in a new light.
i hope we can take a ride together
someday
round and round
and see the world and
our friendship
in a new light.

here i go again...



4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Karyne, Sorry for the hurt that caused this poem to be written but glad you have an outlet and thanks for sharing your grief openly.

Evi said...

Oh Karyn...Really...you need to read my post from a week ago. I could swear you wrote this poem in response to my own plight. Thanks. Hope you arise.

swilek said...

@Carol..thanks! This "poem" actually just flowed out of me in about 5 minutes which was crazy because usally my blog posts take forever to write! I know this person doesn't read my blog so it's a great outlet! The crazy thing is I received a FB email from her the same day I wrote this saying beautiful things about me! God is good! But, I am still processing so can't respond at the minute for fear of saying something I may regret!!:)

@Evi..I'm going over there now..Thanks! It is a process but my attitude is much better. I thought when we got older friendships would be easier!

Cherry said...

Awh, This is beautiful. Your title made me thin you were coming back to belfast again!! I got all excited!

We recieved a beautiful postcard for you this week. Thank you so much. It will be added to our mountie collection. It seemed to take a while to get here so I just wanted to say thankyou! x