Friday 12 November 2010

Spice up your life

Look at the gem of a cookbook I discovered while browsing in a used bookstore a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued by the title and when I open the pages of this "vintage" 1964 edition my heart leapt with excitement. As you know I love to travel and this cookbook was taking me on a journey of exploration into a world I wanted to discover! As the inside cover states, "The Spice Cookbook is that most wonderful and rare of cookbooks: it is fun to read and fun to cook from."

The journey begins with a world map, where each spice is labelled on its country of origin. It then proceeds to give a history of the spice trade, spice profiles, how to cook with spices and finally ends with a variety of tantalizing recipes.




I am ready to "spice up my life" from the world adventures in this cookbook. I can already smell the "scent"sational, spicy aroma wafting from my kitchen.

No comments: