Monday 9 August 2010

let it go

My head clearly sees the solution needed to heal my torn heart.

presume:
verb
to take for granted, assume, or suppose

presumption:
noun
the act of presuming

Friendships can be difficult to navigate but worth the effort of staying on course. I didn't expect, as I have travelled on my life journey, I would still have to carefully negotiate amicably my alliances. What I'm learning is I have placed, subconsciously, certain expectations on some of my close friendships. These unwritten presumptions have caused unnecessary hurt, anger and frustration. Although to be fair to myself, these expectations are valid. But, I need to protect my heart. Thus, I need to let it all go. I need to let go of these presumptions clouding my mind in order to save myself from more ensuing heartache. Self-protection is a good mechanism. With the continual release of these expectations, I will be free to enjoy the friendships that have hurt my soul. They are worth saving. Breathe. Let it go. Absolve.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

There is an old sayimg that I have heard since I was a Teenager.."Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed"....Back when I first heard the mother of a good friend say that, we all thought it was just the musings of the older generation. Maybe. But there is a lot of truth to it....Good Luck with 'letting go'...

swilek said...

@OOLOTH I thought I had left a comment here but it didn't post. Thanks! I like that saying and wish I had adopted it long ago! There is definitely truth to it. Thanks for sharing!