Tuesday 22 May 2007

Living in space: Victoria Day long weekend!

I treasure the moments where I have the privilege of sharing space with my friends in their community. Why?....

I get to ride the train instead of
driving on the 401...

Sharing in the daily life of raising their children opens my eyes to the raw, honest and joyous reality of parenthood... sharing in their faith community expands my Christian world view and exposes me to pure church community living...

laughing, drinking tea and sharing decadent desserts with their friends...
being silly modelling new "butt boosting" underwear while shopping at Walmart( why anyone would want to add more padding to their bottoms is beyond my understanding!!)...
freedom to let loose and burn off some stress...
exuberant amounts of laughter...

sharing quiet moments fills me up...
just being together...crying, sharing in the pain of the difficult moments at this stage in our lives...praying...holding each other close knowing it will all be okay...celebrating...kindred spirits...
thankfulness for the incredible community of friends that surround me as I continue on this journey of life touches me at the core of my being!
As you "live" in the space of those around you may you be ever mindful that we need community and need to be community to others.







No comments: