Sunday 17 February 2008

How we relieve stress at work!

Our librarian came sauntering into our classroom on Thursday with a look of despair on his face. He was having a bad day. I knew the perfect remedy. A spin in our purple saucer. Most children with autism enjoy movement of some kind thus we use this spinner to help calm and soothe them. I told our librarian to give it a try. Guaranteed to relieve stess! He was a little hesitant, but after some coaxing he climbed in and was ready for the strong spinning hands of moi!! Due to his height, I was having a bit of trouble getting a good grip on the spinner. My "sweet D" was watching with great interest from the other room. She had a big grin on her face and looked like she wanted to help me spin. So, I invited her to come help. She ran right past me and into the lap of our librarian!! She wanted in on the action! I tried my best to spin our purple saucer so my friends could enjoy the benefits. But, I was laughing so hard I almost ended up in our librarians lap too! Just another day at the office! Mission accomplished!

No comments: