Thursday 5 July 2007

We really do need "Dr. House!"

Mom and Dad's
50th Anniversary,
June 29, 2007



Mom and her brother Jim and family!Father's Day at Milestone's Restaurant.Sunday Best on the front porch!Dad's 74th birthday at Teddy's Restaurant...enjoying their famous strawberry pie!Facebook has almost taken over my life - well not quite- but enough that my blogging has lapsed. Now that I am off for the summer and have my parent's 50th wedding anniversary under my belt, I am trying to catch up on my correspondence. First, I should update those who are interested to know of my dad's prognosis. It still remains a mystery. All of the tests came back negative for all the afformentioned possible diseases! What a relief! Dad's family doctor felt it was an infection that was causing the swelling so he put him on an antibiotic IV for 10 days. The swelling went down considerably as well as the pain in his legs. We can conclude his family doctor was correct...it was some kind of infection. As of today, his legs are 99% better but still swell up if he is on them for extended periods of time. No one knows what caused this strange medical condition, but are grateful it is nothing serious and he is back to his normal self! I have a feeling "Dr. House" would have solved this mystery!:) Summer is here and I am looking forward to enjoying it to the fullest. I want to intentionally adopt the theme of a book I am currently reading, "No Opportunity Wasted." (by Phil Keogan of The Amazing Race fame. ) I look forward to sharing my stories here on my blog! Before I sign off for the night, I will leave you with a pictoral collage of my last month....you can view all my pics on my web album at: www.picasaweb.google.com/swile67! Enjoy!

No comments: