Sunday 10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A sampling photo story of the Mother's Day surprise adventure my dad and I took mom on today. We love you mom! I am grateful for the way my mom ( and dad) raised me. I am grateful for their unconditional love. I am grateful I still get to hang out with them and laugh! We had a wonderful day!
First stop...a visit to her mother's grave...I couldn't resist taking this photo of my mom laying flowers on the grave!We thought the placement of this sign in the cemetary washroom was hilarious...Joining friends for dinner... Another interesting sign along the way...
Picnic lunch at the Boardwalk and stroll through Kew Beach Park...




poppies
tiptoe through the tulips...



The old horse drinking fountain now converted to a human fountain!





an interesting shaped tree in the park...

mom on the beach...
watching a couple fly a kite...




enjoying our picnic lunch...













age old love...
old ruined buildings downtown Toronto...


5 comments:

A New Yorker said...

Thanks for sharing that. I've got a rant today. Oh noes!

sealaura said...

Loved those pictures. Especially the ones holding hands. so beautiful, I felt like I went along with you guys :)

John Deere Mom said...

Those pictures are amazing! I love the one of your parents holding hands...so sweet! (And of course the one with your mom's bum in the air is great too!) :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Belated HAPPY MOTHERS DAY....It looks like you all had a wonderfuyl day together....Very sweet pictures--Especially your folks holding hands...!

swilek said...

Thank you ladies! I love that hand pic too! My mom thought I was crazy for taking the pic...she didn't understand my creativity! My parents actually haven't seen the pics yet but know they will change their mind and love them!!!